All About Window Tinting
All About Tint is the professional company to go to for all of your glass tinting needs.
Windows can result in a tremendous drain on energy, and consequently, a serious spike in your energy bills. But with the installation of certain window tints, you can prevent over 80% of the sun's energy from entering your home, providing a cooler, more comfortable climate without the extra A/C power. The energy savings are so significant that most window films pay for themselves within a few years.
Many utility companies even offer rebates for window film installations. Check with your local company to see if you qualify.
What can window tint do? The 7 Reasosns to Install Window Film
- Decrease Heat Window film is the most efficient way to reduce unwanted solar heat transferring through your windows. It can provide up to 78% heat reduction versus untreated glass, while controlling hot spots and cooling off sun-drenched in your home or office. Let us show you how our commercial and residential window glass tinting services can make your business or home significantly more energy efficient.
- Block Harmful UV Rays Window film blocks up to 99% of UV rays, while also significantly reducing heat. This helps to protect your valuable furnishings from fading and provides a "sunscreen" for your skin against harmful effects of the sun.
- Cut Glare Whatever the cause, whether it be the direct sun, reflections from water or surrounding buildings, there is a perfect window film solution to help reduce annoying glare.
- Energy Savings Reducing temperature imbalances caused by extreme sunlight is why so many designers, architects and building engineers desire window film. Reducing heat will increase A/C efficiency and lower energy costs.
- Increase Safety Accidents, environmental effects and vandalism can instantly turn a pane of glass into life-threatening shards. Window film can act as a "safety net" by holding shattered glass together.
- Enhance Appearance Whether it's a contemporary look or a uniform design, there's a choice of window film products that can aesthetically compliment the exterior of a home or office building.
- No Hassle Installation Professional installation is quick. There’s minimal disruption to one’s daily lifestyle or work schedule.
Window Tinting for Commercial Buildings and Spaces
The following quote sums up a professional's point of view about window films in commercial applications.
"Facility managers tend to look at window film as a last resort, when it should be one of the first options considered for saving money, reducing energy, and protecting occupants and interiors."
This quote was excerpted from an excellent article by Darrell Smith, the executive director of the International Window Film Associaiton, July 05, 2011, on SustainableFacility.com .
Window Tinting Myths Debunked & FAQ's
Here are some of the most common questions we get asked about window tinting.
- Will the window film turn purple? In the past, some types of window film "purpled" after being installed. The technology and science of window film has changed dramatically over time. This is no longer an issue with today's modern and high quality window film.
- Why can't I install this myself? I'll do just as good a job as you will. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case. We have extensive training and experience in installing window film the correct way. If the surface is not prepared correctly, the film can bubble, and look terrible. Also, we have computer cut film for vehicles. This means that the film is the exact size of your vehicle's windows. Trying to cut the film yourself can be an extremely frustrating experience.
- Can older window film be removed from my car or home windows? Most definitely. We are often called in to remove older or lesser quality film, and to replace it with superior high grade tinting products.
- I've heard that tinted windows are really hard to clean. Is this true? Of course not. That's one of those really bizarre rumors. Just wash your windows with a mild soap and water solution, and they will look wonderful! You just don't want to use an ammonia based product as a cleaner; that will break down the film and create a white haze.
- Does window film come in a color other than dark grey? Sure it does! Window films are made in many colors and shades of color - from black and gray to bronze and silver. When tinting windows on your home, it's even possible to find colors that match the outside color of your home.
Call us at 904-806-5996 for a free estimate
We are fully licensed and insured.
We pride ourselves on high quality service.
We warranty and guarantee our work and products.
We have been installing window film and tint for more than 20 years.
Based in St. Augustine, Florida and serving St. Johns, Duval, Flagler, Clay and Putnam counties including Jacksonville & Jacksonville Beach, Mandarin, Orange Park, Ponte Vedra, Vilano Beach, Palm Coast, Nocatee, World Golf Village, St. Augustine Beach, Crescent Beach, Marineland, Palatka, Palm Valley and Flagler Beach.